Adhere to strict regulatory compliance and data privacy needs while maximizing the value of IIoT data
With the most recent release of MindSphere on the private cloud, industries have a powerful solution for meeting strict regulatory needs regarding data privacy, while also not limiting the digital potential of their assets and fleets. The IIoT is now a viable and strong possibility for customers working within strict security constraints.
Above all, the deployment option of full MindSphere capabilities on the private cloud not only enables regulated industries that have higher security and data protection requirements to take advantage of full industrial IoT capabilities but also caters to:
- Businesses requiring low and predictable data access latencies
- Remote and extreme locations requiring local reference and physical robustness e.g., plants near materials, oil & gas, textile, mining with connected mode
- Countries with legal restrictions and compliance measures
- Good practice industry quality guidelines and regulation compliance (GxP) e.g., pharma, medical data, FDA regulations, new formulation
Meet your industry demands with Private Cloud
MindSphere Private Cloud comes in two offerings to meet expanded business use cases. The first, MindSphere Cloud Dedicated, deploys in customer’s cloud tenant while Siemens manages MindSphere and the customer manages the virtual private cloud environment. The second is MindSphere for Private Cloud, which deploys in OpenShift container runtime in the customer’s data center while partners then provide operational and infrastructure services.
Both offerings meet differing business use cases with varying capabilities as shown below:
Figure 1 Continuously operate, maintain, monitor and manage with MindSphere Private Operations
Deploy MindSphere Cloud Dedicated within the customer’s own hyper-scale tenant (Azure and AWS). In other words, it is a solution that offers high levels of uptime, reliability and security while helping to share costs within the customer tenant. This is important for GxP industry standards and regulatory compliance businesses. Some of the main features are:
- Customers own the underlying hyper scale infrastructure
- Applications, data, and information are within customer control
- Simplified integration across multiple applications and solutions
- The locality of reference persistence (ie: Integrated Data Lake (IDL))
- Data governance, legal restrictions, and compliance
MindSphere for Private Cloud aims to help businesses with strict legal, regulatory, compliance, and physical constraints. This can range from businesses requiring low and predictable data access latencies to businesses requiring flexibility of using their own hardware and infrastructure. Some of the main features are:
- MindSphere deployed within the customer datacenter
- Partner or customers manage the operating environment (typically Openshift)
- Regulated industries with higher security and data protection requirements and expectations
- Remote and extreme locations requiring local reference and physical robustness (ie: plants near materials, oil & gas, textile, mining)
Scale Private Cloud to your business use case
No matter where you are in your digitalization journey, scale the private cloud to meet your IIoT demands. The standard package size provides solutions for addressing the use cases of compliance, legal regulations, and data storage. Identify bottlenecks using KPI-driven dashboards and help users get started faster on their IIoT journey. The premium package size provides solutions for data analytics, machine learning, end-to-end integration with digital twins, edge analytics, and predictive learning.
Try MindSphere for free to get a better understanding of how it will work for you. Start today with MindSphere Start for Free.
Interested in learning more? Find complete details and availability for all new capabilities of MindSphere and supporting releases in the MindSphere Releases Notes, MindSphere Region Table and new features presentations.
Don’t hesitate to contact Thanh for advice on automation solutions for CAD / CAM / CAE / PLM / ERP / IT systems exclusively for SMEs.
Luu Phan Thanh (Tyler) Solutions Consultant at PLM Ecosystem Mobile +84 976 099 099
Web www.plmes.io Email firstname.lastname@example.org