Today, Siemens Digital Industries Software announced that Solid Edge has solidified its market position in the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software industry by earning top rankings across 32 different categories in the Fall 2022 Grid® report by G2, the world’s largest and most trusted software marketplace.
G2 has placed Solid Edge as its Fall 2022 Leader in the category of General-Purpose CAD Software, Product and Machine Design, 3D Printing, Simulation and CAE, and others. Solid Edge is a complete portfolio of affordable, easy-to-use software tools that addresses all aspects of the product development process – 3D design, simulation, manufacturing, data management, and more.
Learn more about the Solid Edge portfolio →
Solid Edge Fall 2022 Grid® rankings
Solid Edge earned a total of 32 badges in the G2 Fall 2022 Grid® Report across multiple categories for Small Business, Mid-Market, and Enterprise level solutions and industry software applications.
Best Product and Machine Design Software
- Rated #1 for Easiest to Do Business With
- Rated #2 for Market Presence and File Interoperability
- Rated #3 for Ease of Setup, Text Editing Tools, and Ease of Admin
Best 3D Printing Software
- Rated #1 for Ease of Doing Business With, Ease of Admin, Ease of Setup, and File Editing
- Rated #2 for Market Presence
- Rated #3 for Integrated 3D Modeling, Mesh Repair, and Downloadable Applications
Best General-Purpose CAD Software
- Rated #1 for Hardware Support and Custom Menus
- Rated #2 for Command Clarity, File Size, Rendering, Market Presence, Text Editing Tools, Custom Commands, and Easiest to do Business With
- Rated #3 for Custom Interface, Push/Pull, Modeling, File Import, Rendering Tools, and Task-Based Interfaces
Best Simulation & CAE Software
- Rated #2 for Manufacturing Process Simulation, Market Presence, Quality of Support, Ease of Use, and Discrete Event Modeling
- Rated #3 for Multibody Dynamics, User Satisfaction, Hardware Support, 3D and Solid Modeling Tools, and Drawing Tools
Best Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) Software
- Rated #2 for Ease of Doing Business With, Ease of Admin, Market Presence
- Rated #3 for User Satisfaction and Ease of Setup
This is not the first time Solid Edge has appeared on the top of G2’s annual and quarterly rankings. Our solutions continue to earn top marks thanks to honest and timely feedback published by users.
“Seeing Solid Edge earn top marks in the G2 Fall 2022 Grid reports means a lot to us because it reflects the real opinions of our customers around the world. We listen carefully to our user community and partner with them to ensure that Solid Edge meets their business needs and exceeds their expectations. It’s great to be recognized for that ongoing collaboration,” says John Fox, VP of Marketing at Siemens Digital Industries Software. “On behalf of the Solid Edge team, I’d like to extend a big thank you to our customers for their positive reviews and feedback.”
How G2 rankings work
G2 is the world’s leading business solution review platform. Operating a software marketplace used by more than 60 million software buyers annually, G2’s quarterly updated lists rank the world’s best software companies and products based on authentic, timely reviews from real users.
Business professionals, buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software and services based on user reviews. Basing its analytics on customer feedback, performance surveys, rigorous product comparisons and market research, G2’s quarterly reports synthesize data relating to key software performance metrics for major business sectors.
Leaders in G2’s report are ranked based on a combination of Satisfaction and Market Presence scores for each seller. To be included in one of G2’s reports, a software seller or product must maintain a great ranking within satisfaction and market presence scores amongst competitors for each review left by a customer. Scores are based on reviews submitted during the current evaluation period.
Learn more about what real users have to say (or leave your own review of Solid Edge) on G2’s Solid Edge review page!
About Siemens Solid Edge
Solid Edge® is an integrated portfolio of powerful, comprehensive, and accessible software tools that advance all aspects of the product development process. Solid Edge addresses today’s complex challenges with automated digital solutions that cultivate creativity and collaboration.
By harnessing the latest innovative technologies in mechanical and electrical design, simulation, manufacturing, publications, data management, and cloud-based collaboration, Solid Edge dramatically shortens time-to-market, provides greater production flexibility, and significantly reduces costs with its collaborative and scalable solutions.
Solid Edge is a part of the Xcelerator™ portfolio, the comprehensive and integrated portfolio of software and services from Siemens Digital Industries Software, and provides an innovative and comprehensive approach to product development for the mainstream market.